I did not post the passing of my sweetheart here on my blog, but I did so on Facebook. It has since been a very, very busy week and I didn’t have time to post anything, anywhere. But her funeral was yesterday, and now things have calmed. In the evening it was time to sleep, but I could not do so immediately.
In the deep of night after my sweetie’s funeral, I needed to express my feelings, and Twitter was the medium. Since not so many follow my Twitter feed, here’s that series of tweets.
- Today I said a sad au revoir to my sweetheart of 35 years. Her funeral was beautiful and reminds me that the love doesn’t die, but lives on. (11:39 PM – 26 Sep 2015)
- Time and disease will no longer touch her! My beloved is free. I follow when my own is time is up, but not soon I hope. So much yet to do… (11:51 PM – 26 Sep 2015)
- Do you appreciate your beloved? What will you be when he or she is gone? Better love more and complain less! Leave the bickering behind. (12:02 AM – 27 Sep 2015)
- I’ve lost the light of my life, yet there is no darkness. Her light is now in my heart, where it illuminates my soul! Shine on, my Queen. (12:19 AM – 27 Sep 2015)
- Sad to realize that I will miss her more over time, but now she lives in me every day, so I am content. (12:28 AM – 27 Sep 2015)
- Poetry? Can’t do it. Song? My throat hurts. Love? I’m swimming in it! My beloved has set sail yet the water is still warm. (12:43 AM – 27 Sep 2015)
- 890 Waltraut is an asteroid named for a character in a Wagner opera. I pretend it’s named for my beloved. Contact the IAU! (12:56 AM – 27 Sep 2015)
- I thought I watched her breathe her last. I realize now I witnessed the first flight of an angel. Soar high, my love! (1:03 AM – 27 Sep 2015)
- I’m tweeting about my beloved. Meet her here: http://www.mikeclark.co/index.php?title=Waltraut_Clark … (1:17 AM – 27 Sep 2015)